Gate Security Guard
Per Collective Bargaining Agreement between Port of Astoria and I.L.W.U. Local #50
The Port of Astoria is accepting applications for part-time positions with the Port of Astoria Security Department. The part-time positions are for gate officers. TWIC cards are required.
Qualified applicants will have verifiable experience and training in the following:
- Maintain secure gate operations to meet requirements to the FSP
- Recognition and detection of dangerous substances and devices
- Recognition of persons who are likely to threaten security
- Attend training and drills and maintain required certificates of training
- Techniques used to circumvent security measures
- Inspection, control and monitoring techniques, including methods of physical screening
- Responding to security incidents and keeping management informed of incidents
The position openings are for swing-shift and grave-yard shift, including week-ends and holidays. Pay is $12.00 per hour – no benefits. A pre-employment drug screen is mandatory. Applications are at the Port office at 422 Gateway Avenue, Suite 100, or can be downloaded here. Applications will be accepted until filled.
View All Jobs